If you are having issues deleting messages off your iphone, it might be an issue with the way the network sees the Trash folder on your phone. It’s not common, but it happens. They say it is not a problem, it’s easily fixed. Here’s what you need to do…
1. Click on “Settings”
2. Click on your account in the Accounts list, and click on your address to get into the Account main screen.
3. Scroll to the very bottom of the Account window to the “Advanced” tab. Click on the “Advanced” button.
Here’s the Advanced settings in your iPhone’s Mail settings. This is where your iPhone keeps track of the Mail folders on the email server – just like the folders in your MacMail or Outlook application on your computer. Basically, we just need to toggle the Trash folder off, save the settings, and then toggle it back on again. If your iphone is broke or is malfunctioning then visit this iphone repair san diego to help you. To do that, we…
4. Click on “Deleted Mailbox”.
5. You’ll see the Trash can checked as “Active”. Simply select a different folder – doesn’t matter which one (for this example, you could just select “Suppliers”.
6. Once you’ve selected a folder other than the Trash folder, save your settings by backing out of these windows until you get back to the main “Account” window. Click “Done” in the top right of the screen (refer to the first photo on this page) and back completely out of your Settings.
7. Now, click back into your Settings, and get back to your Mail settings – we’re going to re-select our Trash folder.
8. Go back thru the exact same steps we went thru above and get back to the Advanced folder listing (refer to the second photo on this page).
9. Re-select your “Trash” folder.
10. Save your settings once again by backing out until you can click “Done”.
That’s it, if you need more help then read this article – you should now be able to delete mail out of your account from your phone.